Difference between Invoice POST and Process payment

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Mon Sep 14 09:39:19 EDT 2015

On Mon 14 September 15 19:32:27 Hossain wrote:
> I m confused abt the Invoice. After an invoice is made, how wud I pay
> the invoice?
> There's two ways to pay, as I find. 1. To pay directly to Accounts
> Receivable a/c or
> Post the invoice . Whats the difference ? After I find an invoice (made
> before), it gives me
> two options - POST and Process Payment, which one shud I use ? If I use
> Process Payment
> I get a red signal in Assets:Accounts Receivable , why ? If I use post,
> it says "Invalid Entry:U need to
> supply an account in the right currency for this position, this account
> shud usually be of type income"
> What does it mean ?

Hi Hossain,

Welcome to Gnucash.

You should post the invoice.  You should not make transactions manually in A/R
(or A/P).

So the work flow is:
Create invoice.  Post Invoice.  Process Payment.

>From the message that you paraphrase above, it sounds to me that you might not
have the same currency for the customer, the invoice and the A/R account.  But
I don't use multi-currency, so that is just a guess.

HTH.
Maf.