Can't import QIF file

John Byson john at bysonleather.co.uk
Tue Sep 15 10:38:44 EDT 2015

Hi. I am trying to switch from Quicken H&B 2008 to Gnucash (V 2.6.4). I have
exported customer invoice and business bills accounts to separate QIF files
(transactions only included) . I then run through the Gnucash Import wizard.

File..Import.. Import QIF

Select invioce .qif file

Forward.

Start

Gnucash starts loading. There are errors of the type: Some characters
replaced &c, but we go om to

Load another file.

Ignore & "Forward"

BUT the Match QIF Accounts with GnuCash accounts box is empty. Not a
sausage.

"Forward"

Select £ sterling

Accept default settings

Finish import & save.

And I an presented with a blank "Accounts" tab. I am pretty certain this is
not as it should be.

Quicken is running under Windows 7 32 bit. GnuCash is running in a Virtual
Box Opensuse machine (V13) 32 bit.

Can anyone give me a clue as to what is going wrong ?