remembering corresponding expense account when importing credit card transactions

Mark Ito markito3 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 15:12:28 EDT 2015

My bank (Chase) stopped offering QIF-formatted downloads of transactions on
my credit card. I have been using this format for years to import into
GnuCash. One great feature is that GC remembers that which expense accounts
to use for transactions from familiar vendors. The correspondence is made
at import time.

I just tried a QFX-formatted download and could not figure out if or how or
 one can do the same vendor-remembering trick. Can I? If so, how?

--
Mark M. Ito
markito3 at gmail.com