Finance::Quote troubles?

farleykj farleykj at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 23:32:55 EDT 2016

Running Gnucash 2.6.12
Mac OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.5

I was able to obtain quotes yesterday, but today am getting the dreaded list
of all securities I'm asking for and the message "Unable to retrieve quotes
for these items".

Executing the command line inquiry

>perl -MFinance::Quote -e 'print $Finance::Quote::VERSION'

gets 1.35

I know Finance::Quote is currently at 1.38, and attempted to update with
gnc-fq-update, but it didn't work. The last message I get is "Could not
fetch authors/01mailrc.txt.gz", whatever that has to do with anything.

Has there been some sort of change since yesterday that would affect quote
retrieval?

-----
Ken Farley