Scout Troop Account Structure & Invoice Procedure for Dues

jdunham jwdunham at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 14:03:34 EDT 2016

I personally don't like that idea, because the the bank account ledger looks
a lot different than your bank statement. If you keep your scout accounts as
liability accounts or a/r accounts (really it's just a sign difference),
then your bank ledger in Gnucash (Assets:Checking) will contain the exact
same transactions as your bank-supplied statements and online snapshots.

Keeping child accounts under your bank account with the restricted funds
will mean that your bank transactions are distributed among an unmanageable
horde of gnucash asset accounts and reconciling your bank statement will be
a nightmare.

Joshua Sanders wrote