Receivable Aging - report error

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Wed Apr 6 05:57:32 EDT 2016

On Tuesday 05 April 2016 23:01:19 Norm Scherer wrote:
> On Ubuntu 14.04 with GNUCash 2.6.1 (recently upgraded from 2.4 and
> this is the first time I have run this report).
>
> When I run receivable aging I get an error message 'Report error'.  A
> trace file is left in /tmp.  The only significant warning that is
> apparent is that it reports 'WARN <gnc.python> Unable to initialize
> Python module (unable to open
>   /usr/share/gnucash/python/init.py)' while the file is there with 644
> permissions.  At the bottom I find the error message:
>
>     In unknown file:
>         ?: 0 [apply-smob/1 #<catch-closure 1de62a0> out-of-range ...]
>     ERROR: In procedure apply-smob/1:
>     ERROR: Value out of range: 5

Hi,

This is a known bug in gnucash 2.6.1, which has been fixed in more recent releases.
Unfortunately that's what Ubuntu 14.04 has chosen as base version. Please use getdeb to
upgrade to at least 2.6.6 (but even better to 2.6.11 or 2.6.12) as soon as you can.

> In the receivable account I find a couple of strange entries with
> Action 'Lot Link' and Memo 'Internal link between invoice and payment
> lots'.  I have never seen those before and I did not put them in.

These lot links are part of the new credit note feature in gnucash 2.6.x. The early versions
(2.6.1-2.6.4) used it too much though. So again, please upgrade to gnucash 2.6.6 or higher as
soon as possible. Then run Check & Repair on your A/R and A/P accounts to clean up most of
the lot links. More details on this issue can be found here [1].

Regards,

Geert

[1] http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Business_Features_Issues