Fwd: how to bring my gnu up to date

WUULF Treasurer wuulft at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 18:25:52 EDT 2016

Screenshot of correct entry if it goes through.

I hope I am doing this right. I decided to jettison QuickBooks in favor of
Gnucash for a summer camp I am treasurer of. It seems pretty intuitive but
I have been having a problem that is going to be a deal breaker. I am
receiving checks and registrations, so I am:
Setting up customers
Creating Invoices
Paying invoices
Printing Invoices to send to the customers

Problem is although twice I was able to include the payment on the invoice
as below in the red, 75 times I have not. I believe I am doing the correct
thing:
I pay and post the payment from within invoice screen
Go to Print Invoice, then Options/Payment then I modify some language on
the General tab

I need the payment to show up on the invoice
I would like to save the options so they automatically are used, I have
tried configuration, etc to no avail.
Is the payment not showing up an escaped defect or can I not simply get a
consistent process. As I said it worked twice then never again.

[image: Inline image 2]

Thank you