how to automatically update equity account as each transaction is entered?

Francis Gerund ranrund at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 17:57:01 EDT 2016

Thanks David and Derek for the replies.

So the short answer is no.  That's sort of what I thought.

I guess it's been too long since I took any accounting classes.

And unfortunately, accounting isn't like science, etc. - you can't just
"think your way through it".  It is internally consistent, but not
necessarily rational; it is just whatever the GAAP say it is.  (That
according to an accounting professor, many years ago).

Thanks anyway!