RECORDING PREVIOUS YEARS TRANSACTION ON GNUCASH

david.carlson.417@gmail.com david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 12:39:26 EDT 2016

    Anne
Since you are not a long term user I will mention that Derek is hoping that you will try to describe in great detail (almost keystroke by keystroke, but not quite) what you did before Gnucash crashed.
David C
Sent from my LG G Pad 7.0 LTE, an AT&T 4G LTE tablet

------ Original message------From: Derek AtkinsDate: Wed, Apr 13, 2016 9:54 AMTo: Anne Okonkwo;Cc: gnucash-user at gnucash.org;Subject:Re: RECORDING PREVIOUS YEARS TRANSACTION ON GNUCASH
Hi Anne,Anne Okonkwo  writes:> Hi, it's Anne again> New to gnucash so I need all the help I can get to master its usefulness>> Having two issues here today, though still trying to work on the last> response I got. (Thanks to all that replied).> I upgraded my GnuCash to version 2.6.12 git and when I try to open I get a> message as "attachment 1: gnu cash error".> I go ahead and open anyway. (1st problem - How do I stop that error message> from popping up?)>> What I really what to do here is to convert currency using price editor.> After filling all the details, I get "attachment 2: Price Editor Error" and> I am forced to close the program. (2nd Problem -  Once I click on apply, it> pops up an error message, Please why is that happening and how can I change> convert currency?)>> Have tried this in a couple of times and it still same process.>> Please can someone help me?> Thanks in anticipationLooking at your two images, the "gnu cash error" window is happening asa direct result of the "Price Editor error".  For some reason theapplication is crashing when you're in the Price Editor -- that's the"gnucash.exe has stopped working" message.  When that happens (the appcrashing) it does not close down properly.When you re-start gnucash after it was not closed properly it detectsthe lock file and pops up the other message.  The lock file exists toensure that you don't accidentally open the same datafile twice.However when gnucash crashes, it cannot remove that lock file.  So it'ssafe in *this* case to just click "Open Anyways".So the bigger issue is: what's causing gnucash to crash in the priceeditor?> With warm regards,> Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.> You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.-derek--        Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, SM '95 MIT Media Laboratory       Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board  (SIPB)       URL: http://web.mit.edu/warlord/    PP-ASEL-IA     N1NWH       warlord at MIT.EDU                        PGP key available_______________________________________________gnucash-user mailing listgnucash-user at gnucash.orghttps://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user-----Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.