How does one enter Call & Put options in GNUcash?

Suresh Bazaj suresh at bazaj.org
Thu Apr 14 01:35:32 EDT 2016

Hello,

            I am a new user of GNUcash. My investments include selling Calls
and Puts on stocks. Instead of buying a stock and then selling it later, the
order is reversed. One first Sells To Open (STO) a position and later Buys
(back) To Close (BTC) or it simply matures (and the seller keeps the cash)
or the option is assigned to the seller.

            I could not find any instructions or examples of how to do this
either in the Help Manual or the Tutorial and Concepts Guide.

Thanks,

Suresh Bazaj