How does one enter Call & Put options in GNUcash?

Wm tcnw81 at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Fri Apr 15 17:55:20 EDT 2016

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 22:35:32 -0700, Suresh Bazaj wrote:

>             I am a new user of GNUcash. My investments include selling Calls
> and Puts on stocks. Instead of buying a stock and then selling it later, the
> order is reversed. One first Sells To Open (STO) a position and later Buys
> (back) To Close (BTC) or it simply matures (and the seller keeps the cash)
> or the option is assigned to the seller.
>

>             I could not find any instructions or examples of how to do this
> either in the Help Manual or the Tutorial and Concepts Guide.

This isn't really a GnuCash question and like David I haven't traded
options recently and used a spreadsheet when I did, but these two links
should help

http://money.stackexchange.com/questions/43221/how-to-correctly-track-a-covered-call-write-sell-to-open-in-double-entry-accou

http://money.stackexchange.com/questions/43024/how-to-record-a-written-put-option-in-double-entry-accounting/

I found a number of other links about the accounting of options but they
are mainly from a corporate POV which I don't think is what you want though
they are interesting to read.

--
Wm