PRICE EDITOR CRASHING & HOW TO CHANGE TOTAL (GBP)

Wm tcnw81 at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Sat Apr 16 09:13:14 EDT 2016

On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 10:55:33 +0100, in gmane.comp.gnome.apps.gnucash.user,
Anne Okonkwo <anne.okonkwo at thehordinc.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Am Anne.

Indeed.

> Please can someone explain why price editor crashes when ever I click on
> apply. Am using version 2.6.12 git and I want to be able to get price
> quotes online, that tab is disabled too.

Is this a home built version of GnuCash and what OS are you on ?

The reason I ask is because the Windows version doesn't report itself as
2.6.12 git so I'm going to presume you're on some flavour of *nix,
specificially a kind of Linux.

First thing you want to do is make sure the perl stuff is working, take a
look at this:

https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Online_Quotes

you want to know if gnc-fq-check produces something sensible and proceed
from there.

> Also on the header where you have Account name, Type, Description and
> Total, I want to insert another Total column but all I can find is Total
> (GBP). How can I change that to my local currency, that is, Total (LOCAL
> CURRENCY)?

gnc knows about NGN Naira (I am presuming that is what you are after) but
makes some presumptions aboout your home from what your system says, you
can check this by entering

===
locale
===

at a command prompt, my guess is that it'll say GB rather than NG, change
that and you should get what you expect.

--
Wm