I have a massive chart of accounts, how can I search?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Apr 18 12:27:50 EDT 2016

trythis <grahamlane at gmail.com> writes:

> I am dealing with a massive chart of accounts and sometimes finding the right
> account takes a long time.  Is there a way to search the accounts page?
> Sorry if I missed something obvious. /
> Thanks.

Have you tried structuring your account tree to make it easier to find
accounts?  My top-level CoA only has 5 accounts.  Then each tree is
branched out.  The largest single place in my tree is the first
sub-level of "Expenses", but since I rarely really look in that subtree
it's not a big deal to me.  I just keep that part compacted; my whole
CoA that I leave open fits onto just over one visible "page".