Paypal transaction split confusion

trythis grahamlane at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 13:29:23 EDT 2016

I haven't begun looking at adding the Square transactions which will have a
different rate for fees.
entering the transactions as invoices first is the fastest.  Once the
transaction is in the paypal account, its easy to add the split for the bank
fee.  If I dont click on another account expense:bank fee is already
highlighted so I dont have to search it out or I can just use the account
code.

The only downside is that all of this renders qif or aqbanking useless
unless there is a way to generate an invoice within that.  (surely not,
since its backwards to use invoices on pre-payed pledged contributions.)

I wish I was a programmer, I would love to build a pledge income system.
Instead of invoices, it would be for pledge receipts and work exactly like
the invoice structure.

Derek Atkins wrote