How do I create an Expense sub-account?

ph hermes phsfca.hermes at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 12:41:45 EDT 2016

maybe this shows how much i don't know, but basically i ignore the equity
account altogether (i did use it for opening balances). it may be
technically correct to do what you say, but no one has asked to report
equity info for anything, so i just use the types of accounts i'm familiar
with: assets, income, expense, liability.

i think my main point however, was to get money that he had no control over
out of accounts that would continue to show it as his "asset/ equity,
etc.). to me, once it's gone it's gone and should be allocated to a place
in his accounts that doesn't add to his assets, income, equity.

      ph

writer ~:~ photographer ~:~ book designer
resident manager
paulahendricks.com