Question about backing up Gnucash files and installing on new laptop

dan.hartzler at juno.com dan.hartzler at juno.com
Thu Apr 28 15:40:37 EDT 2016

First post here, so forgive me if I do something wrong and feel free to correct any errors. For over a year I have been using Gnucash (Linux version) on an old IBM Thinkpad running Puppy Linux (Tahrpup). My son got a new laptop so he gave me his Acer Aspire which has a 64 bit processor, so I upgraded to 64 bit Tahrpup.  So now I have to backup my Gnucash files to a flash drive or CD and install them on the Aspire. The last time I backed up my Gnucash on the Thinkpad, the next time I launched Guncash, it prompted me to insert the flash drive. In other words, Guncash loaded from the flash drive, not the hard drive, after my backup. Somehow I fixed this, but now that I'm using a new laptop, I want to make sure that Gnucash files are installed on the hard drive, and that the program launches only from the hard drive.  Any help would be appreciated. Dan Hartzler