Urgent:Issue with dates

david.carlson.417@gmail.com david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 21:52:24 EDT 2016

    If other programs such as your email program also see weird dates then you need to run some diagnostic tests on your computer.  If it is a name brand such as Dell or Lenovo there should be tools for that provided by the manufacturer.
It is wise to do that regardless from time to time.
David C
Sent from my LG G Pad 7.0 LTE, an AT&T 4G LTE tablet

------ Original message------From: Dave HDate: Tue, Aug 2, 2016 7:18 PMTo: John Ralls;Cc: Gnucash Users;Subject:Re: Urgent:Issue with dates
Joshua,Have you tried going into the bios settings at bootup and checking if thedata and time are set correctly there before Windows boots up ?  I could bewrong but I have a vague recollection that when your motherboard battery isno good anymore it can screw around with you data and time - maybe worthchecking anyway as it maybe as simple as replacing the battery ?Cheers Dave H.On 3 August 2016 at 08:56, John Ralls  wrote:>> > On Aug 2, 2016, at 3:25 PM, Joshua Owusu-Ansah > wrote:> >> > I restarted my computer after I deleted the scheduled transactions that> run.> > That's when I noticed that the dates are now plus two months. I have> checked system date and its fine.> >> > Now it sees today as 12/20/2061.> >> > How do I troubleshoot and resolve this, please>> I have no idea. GnuCash gets the current time from the operating system> with a very simple system call. It sounds like a cop-out, but I can't think> of any way that could get screwed up so thoroughly short of a hardware> problem.>> Regards,> John Ralls> _______________________________________________> gnucash-user mailing list> gnucash-user at gnucash.org> https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user> -----> Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.> You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.>_______________________________________________gnucash-user mailing listgnucash-user at gnucash.orghttps://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user-----Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.