Hayes re: suddenly a paid invoice is showing due again? How to know which one?

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sat Aug 6 17:12:49 EDT 2016

Hi Terri,

On Saturday 06 August 2016 14:36:45 Terri Hayes wrote:
> Question:
> In my receivables I suddenly have a $60.00 invoice that is showing as
> over 91 days due (not paid) -
> however - all of the invoices I have for that company have been paid.
> (and there was no pending invoice until a couple days ago) Does anyone
> have any idea how I can figure out which invoice this is? and does
> anyone know what would cause an invoice that is marked paid - to
> suddenly begin showing "not paid"?
If you unpost and repost a paid invoice, it will end up unpaid. If that's what happened, the
easiest way to fix it is
- open Customers->Process Payment (assuming it's a customer invoice. If not apply as this for
your vendor)
- Set the customer name and the document list will show both your unpaid invoice and the
previous payment for this
- Select both invoice and payment (which should set the amount for the transaction to 0)
- Click ok

> Its very disconcerting... and is
> there any hope that an "invoices due" list by invoice number and date
> due will ever be added to the list of features?
I have this on my list, but other priorities keep propping up...

> I am trying very hard to live with out it (by keeping Quicken up to
> date so I have a running list of the invoices I am still expecting
> payment for) but it would be very nice to have this feature In
> GNUCAsh...
> and it would make it a lot easier to find this particular invoice
The above procedure via Customers->Process payment is not really a invoices due list, but
can serve as a rough substitute in most cases...

Regards,

Geert