Moving transactions retrospectively

Mike or Penny Novack mpnovack at mtdata.com
Mon Aug 8 10:32:50 EDT 2016

I will start by pointing out that I have ZERO experience with the
business features. But as a retired senior analyst, I know how I would
attack this problem to find our what is or is not possible.

a) I would created a copy of my books for test purposes. I would make
the name of this file with test in its name to help prevent accidental
production use.

b) I would then investigate (using this test file what is or is not
POSSIBLE with the direct editing of transactions in the A/R account. Yes
I know, using the business features you aren't advised to do anything in
this register manually. But I suspect:

c) Opening a transaction in this register (one where I wanted to change
the income account) I would look at it (Looking is almost always safe).
If it looked normal, I would then see what happened if I changed the
income account(the account being credited)  from what it currently is to
what is desired. The worst thing that could happen is that the TEST FILE
gets corrupted. But perhaps this would work.

Michael D Novack

PS: When you want to change the debit account of a transaction you view
the transaction from the register of the credit account; when you want
to change the credit account of a transaction, you work from the
register of the debit account. People suggesting the transaction be
changed by the "split" facility are trying to do things the hard way.