Finance::Quote will not install

Elmar Schmeisser eschmeisser at nc.rr.com
Mon Aug 8 22:05:52 EDT 2016

I'm running windows 7 and there is no start menu folder much less any
entry for this.  But I found the install-fq-mods.cmd, ran it and it
opened a command window, which scrolled and did lots of stuff, and was
occasionally filled with lots of red lines (892 bytes of stuff when
copy/pasted into a notepad file, which I can post if asked but won't to
save bandwidth) and which ended with the following:

<snipped lots of stuff preceeding>
Running make for E/EC/ECOCODE/Finance-Quote-1.38.tar.gz
Warning: Prerequisite 'HTML::TableExtract => 0' for
'ECOCODE/Finance-Quote-1.38.
tar.gz' failed when processing 'MSISK/HTML-TableExtract-2.13.tar.gz'
with 'make
=> NO'. Continuing, but chances to succeed are limited.
Warning: Prerequisite 'DateTime => 0' for
'ECOCODE/Finance-Quote-1.38.tar.gz' fa
iled when processing 'DROLSKY/DateTime-1.36.tar.gz' with 'make => NO'.
Continuin
g, but chances to succeed are limited.
'dmake' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
  ECOCODE/Finance-Quote-1.38.tar.gz
  dmake -- NOT OK

* Run gnc-fq-check

You need to install the following Perl modules:
  Finance::Quote

Use your system's package manager to install them,
or run 'gnc-fq-update' as root.
missing-lib

An error occurred, see above.

Press any key to continue . . .