[MAINT] Unplanned planned reboot of GnuCash Server

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Aug 10 10:33:13 EDT 2016

Good morning everyone,

tl;dr:

The VM server hosting code.gnucash.org (git master, email, wiki, etc)
crashed sometime overnight; it's been rebooted and everything appears to
be running again.

Long Version:

Yesterday morning I started observing some strange network behaviors.  I
eventually attributed it to the VM Server that hosts code (among other
services) and planned a therapeutic reboot for this morning.  This
morning I woke to determine that my DHCP server had died yesterday
morning, which was probably part of the reason why everything went
wonky.  So I first spent some time to get that back up (it was easy --
needed to fsck to root filesystem and then I made a backup -- JUST IN
CASE).  It came back up fine.

HOWEVER... the VM Host Server was completely unresponsive.  It wasn't on
the network, the screen was completely blank, and none of the HDD lights
were flashing.   So I decided to open it up and hard-power-cycle the
thing.  All the fans were working (phew) and after the power cycle *it*
came back up too (after a long fsck).  Then I had spent some time making
sure all the services were properly running.

At this time I believe that all services are running properly.

If you have any issues, please let me know