Incorrect Date in Accounts Payable Register

fellowtraveler at comcast.net fellowtraveler at comcast.net
Fri Aug 12 22:56:34 EDT 2016

I recently noticed that an Invoice in my AP register which was paid long ago has an incorrect date associated with it. This incorrect date is in the invoice entries date field. I’d like to correct this so that it appears in the correct order in the register but I am unsure how to accomplish this. In the past, when I’ve made similar mistakes, I needed to unpost the invoice make the change and then repost this. Usually, this wasn’t too much of a hassle as I caught it relatively early. In this case, it’s more than a year old and I am sure that unposting it will perturb other things such as payments. So how can I fix this in the least disruptive manner? Thoughts?…

Thanks. :)