Incorrect Date in Accounts Payable Register

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sat Aug 13 04:28:07 EDT 2016

On Friday 12 August 2016 22:56:34 fellowtraveler at comcast.net wrote:
> I recently noticed that an Invoice in my AP register which was paid
> long ago has an incorrect date associated with it. This incorrect
> date is in the invoice entries date field. I’d like to correct this
> so that it appears in the correct order in the register but I am
> unsure how to accomplish this. In the past, when I’ve made similar
> mistakes, I needed to unpost the invoice make the change and then
> repost this. Usually, this wasn’t too much of a hassle as I caught it
> relatively early. In this case, it’s more than a year old and I am
> sure that unposting it will perturb other things such as payments. So
> how can I fix this in the least disruptive manner? Thoughts?…
>
> Thanks. :)

Hi,

If you want to make a change to the invoice entries, your only (supported) option is still to
unpost the invoice.

You didn't state which version of gnucash you use so I'll assume a fairly recent gnucash 2..6.x.

Unposting an invoice in 2.6.x will loose the link between invoice and payment on unposting.
You can however easily restore this using 'Process Payment', selecting the right vendor and
then select both the bill and the payment at once. The resulting amount to pay should drop to
0. And click ok.

Regards,

Geert