Price Editor

Plutocrat plutocrat at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 22:53:47 EDT 2016

Les wrote on Tuesday, 30 August, 2016 06:12 AM:
> GC does operate normally under Mint 18.  Just Price Editor is the
> problem, sometimes taking several minutes to just close.

I just installed Mint 18 on a laptop, so I added the getdeb repositories and put Gnucash on there.
Price Editor seems to run fine, although I dont' have any securities in there. Added a couple of currencies, hit the update button, closed the dialog, and no lags at all.

Just a hunch ... when I installed the getdeb repository, first of all I used the 'lazy' method, i.e. install the getdeb package which should auto-configure the repositories for you.
BUT ... it got the wrong one.

For Mint 18 your /etc/apt/sources.list.d/getdeb.list file should read.
	deb http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu xenial-getdeb apps

However, the one it added for me was incorrect!
	deb http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu sarah-getdeb apps

So I wonder if this is related to your problem? Manually changing the repo line to the correct one, and running
	apt-get remove gnucash
	apt-get update
	apt-get install gnucash
might get you to the correct version. Or it might do nothing ...

P.