Deposit through customer

Katie Eldridge eldridgetideswell-katie at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 30 07:17:59 EDT 2016

Hi Saulius,

There is more than one way of doing this.  I'm assuming you will
probably have an income account called 'donations'.  You could then have
an income sub-account for each of your donors, with donations as the
'parent account'.  This will mean that you can still get a total for
'donations', but can also have a total for each donor.

Another option would be to use the invoice processes even though you are
not giving out invoices.  For this each donor would be a 'customer', you
would write a 'new invoice' for each donation, then post it and
immediately process payment (you wouldn't need to actually print out an
'invoice').  If you do this way it would give you an option to make a
printed receipt, although this would need you to edit the invoice report
so a bit more complex.

hope that helps,

Katie