GnuCash - closing database from Command Line?

hirapanna parveen_chamiya at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 31 18:54:51 EDT 2016

I tried it from a command line - same result.

The command completes without any error message, and I checked verified that
there are no GnuCash related tasks in Task Manager.

Then when I invoke GnuCash, same error message.

I believe part of reason why it might be happening is my environment.

1. GnuCash is installed on my Windows desktop
2. The backend server is MySQL, which is on another machine (Ubuntu Server)

Maybe if the database is on the same machine as GnuCash, all the locks would
be properly released. I don't know.

The Ubuntu Server is a headless machine without any graphical environment.