How to import two Gnucash files from two computers to one computer

Nelson Handcock nelson.handcock at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 19:46:29 EST 2016

But confused - are you trying to keep separate GN files or merge them into
a single combined GN file?

If you want to merge the accounts and transactions from one GN file into
another one, you'd first have to structure the chart of accounts so that
"her" accounts will sit alongside "his" accounts. You can import and export
the chart of accounts from one GN file to another quite easily, but I image
they'd have to be named in such a way to ensure they did not over-write
each other.

And then wouldn't it be a case of exporting all the transactions to a flat
file and then importing them into the combined GN file?

It would be a good idea to set up a set of test GN files with some simple
"sandpit" accounts to test and refine to process to follow first, before
trying to do it on your main GN files.

Hope this helps....!