Trading Accounts

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 5 07:32:11 EST 2016

Hello,

Once again, in going over the Multiple Currencies chapter, I came across the note that trading accounts can be used for this, with a reference to a tutorial by Peter Selinger from around 2010, which predates significant development in GnuCash on trading accounts. Further searching online shows minimal further information about trading accounts as implemented in GnuCash. There is a very sketchy wiki page, and a couple of questioning threads from several years back, as well as a bugzilla bug (Bug 635386), which is the source of the note in the current documentation.

Does anyone have good information about the trading accounts features, how they work in GnuCash, and how they can or should be implemented in a GnuCash file? I think it would be best to have these features explained in the chapter.

Thanks,
David