Can't see bottom of window?

John Whitmore arigead at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 08:44:00 EST 2016

On Thu, Dec 08, 2016 at 09:05:20PM -0500, Robert Heller wrote:
> At Thu, 8 Dec 2016 20:08:16 +0000 John Whitmore <arigead at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Which GnuCash window? *I* can shorten GnuCash's account or transaction windows
> > > down to *silly* shortness -- shows 2 accounts in the account window, or 10
> > > transactions in the transaction (basic ledger) in GnuCash 2.4.15 (which is
> > > what I have with CentOS 6).  This is with FVWM as the window manager.
> > >
> > > How small is your display?  Don't tell me you have a 480x640 screen?  Really?
> > >

> > Not really ;-) 1366x768 but I'll grant you I could use a new computer. Maybe
> > Santa will bring me one.
>
> That is the same resolution I have.  My *computer* can do a larger resolution,
> but my (fairly new) monitor can't -- it is not ginormous, since I don't have
> room for a ginormous screen.  As it is it does not fit well.
>

> > I have the accounts window open with 22 accounts on the display.
>
> Is the Scheduled Transaction Editor on one of the tabs?  It should be possible
> to shrink down the *accounts window* to show only a few (2?) accounts with a
> scrollbar to show the rest.  The *Scheduled Transaction Editor* wants to be a
> large window (with a calendar of upcoming payments indicated), so if it is one
> of the tabs, it will lock the window into a large size.  What happens
> when you close that *tab*?

Brilliant thanks for your help! I've never used Scheduled Transactions, as
yet, but you were on the right track. I had opened a Bill through "Business"
-> "Vender" -> "Find Bill" The bill in question is a one line bill but for
some reason it increases the size of the GnuCash Window and won't allow
reduced size. Even though it's a one line bill that doesn't need screen size.

I tried with FVWM2 and compiled GnuCash from source opening it, which pulled
in my accounts, my tabs and had the same problem.

Anyhow strange problem but I've closed the Bill in question and I now know
about the second use of the Windows Key so all good. Thanks again for your
help.

John