Can't see bottom of window?

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Fri Dec 9 10:45:08 EST 2016

At Fri, 9 Dec 2016 13:44:00 +0000 John Whitmore <arigead at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 08, 2016 at 09:05:20PM -0500, Robert Heller wrote:

> > > Not really ;-) 1366x768 but I'll grant you I could use a new computer. Maybe
> > > Santa will bring me one.
> >
> > That is the same resolution I have.  My *computer* can do a larger resolution,
> > but my (fairly new) monitor can't -- it is not ginormous, since I don't have
> > room for a ginormous screen.  As it is it does not fit well.
> >

> > > I have the accounts window open with 22 accounts on the display.
> >
> > Is the Scheduled Transaction Editor on one of the tabs?  It should be possible
> > to shrink down the *accounts window* to show only a few (2?) accounts with a
> > scrollbar to show the rest.  The *Scheduled Transaction Editor* wants to be a
> > large window (with a calendar of upcoming payments indicated), so if it is one
> > of the tabs, it will lock the window into a large size.  What happens
> > when you close that *tab*?
>
> Brilliant thanks for your help! I've never used Scheduled Transactions, as
> yet, but you were on the right track. I had opened a Bill through "Business"
> -> "Vender" -> "Find Bill" The bill in question is a one line bill but for
> some reason it increases the size of the GnuCash Window and won't allow
> reduced size. Even though it's a one line bill that doesn't need screen size.

OK, *I* have never used Business->Vender->Find Bill (I have used the
Business->Customer->Find Invoice, but I have set my preferences to always open
stuff in *new windows*, not tabs -- I *loath* tabs).  I think some of the
dialog boxes have a certain amount of "scenery" and when as a tab, *add* that
scenery to the base window scenery, which can result in a "too large" window.

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933