difficulty managing quantity of incoming mail

Barnabooth brantlouise at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 19:20:49 EST 2016

I am trying to manage the quantity of mail I receive.
Checking my subscription status, I see the
*Which topic categories would you like to subscribe to?*
which currently says
*No topics defined. *
Unfortunately I see no way to define topics.
Ideally, I would simply receive replies to my questions, and otherwise
simply browse the forum from time to time. I realize I could shut-off all
mail delivery whenever I have not posted a question, but that feels
roundabout.
Thanks