difficulty managing quantity of incoming mail

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Dec 12 12:17:03 EST 2016

Hi,

Barnabooth <brantlouise at gmail.com> writes:

> I am trying to manage the quantity of mail I receive.
> Checking my subscription status, I see the
> *Which topic categories would you like to subscribe to?*
> which currently says
> *No topics defined. *
> Unfortunately I see no way to define topics.
> Ideally, I would simply receive replies to my questions, and otherwise
> simply browse the forum from time to time. I realize I could shut-off all
> mail delivery whenever I have not posted a question, but that feels
> roundabout.
> Thanks

This is a mailing list, not a forum.  The mailing list itself is an
all-or-nothing choice, or you can select to have a single daily digest
sent to you.

It looks like you're using nabble.  Most likely you're looking at the
nabble interface for choosing "topics".  Alas, you'll have to ask them,
because we don't support nabble.