how to download newest version

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Dec 19 13:01:12 EST 2016

> On Dec 19, 2016, at 7:58 AM, Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 19 December 2016 at 15:27, Dave & Tracy E <dteplus at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I followed the link in the email from GnuCash and also the download links on GnuCash.org
>
> Ah, I presume you mean https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnucash/files/
> It would have saved me some time if you had said that.
>
> It does appear that this has page not been updated yet.

SourceForge has some secret algorithm for setting the download links on the project page (the big green button and the "Looking for the latest" line just under the header). It's supposed to figure out the latest release based on the OS your browser user-agent string reports, but sometimes goes off somewhere else.

Regards,
John Ralls