how to download newest version

lj lj308 at pobox.com
Mon Dec 19 17:53:27 EST 2016

John Ralls wrote:

> SourceForge has some secret algorithm for setting the download links on the
> project page (the big green button and the "Looking for the latest" line
> just under the header). It's supposed to figure out the latest release
> based on the OS your browser user-agent string reports, but sometimes goes
> off somewhere else.

I'm pretty sure you have to set that yourself. Not secret or magic. Not
automatic either. This lets the SF project admin decide what is the default.

Browsing around your download area on Sourceforge, I see that
gnucash-2.6.11.bz2 is currently the default download for Linux + BSD +
Solaris, gnucash-2.6.13-setup.exe is the default download for Windows, and
Gnucash-intel-2.6.13-1.dmg is the default download for MacOSX. That's probably
not what you want.

You can change these when logged in as project admin in the download file
list. Click on the "i" to the right of the file, and check the boxes for
platform. You should designate 1 file as the default download for each platform.