how to download newest version

Chris Tsuji ctsuji at cheerful.com
Mon Dec 19 18:22:42 EST 2016

   John
   Can you send link?
   Also, after you download, how would you get the new program to work
   with the old data?

   Thank you
   Chris Tsuji

   Sent: Monday, December 19, 2016 at 10:04 AM
   From: "John Ralls" <jralls at ceridwen.us>
   To: "Maf. King" <maf at chilwell.net>
   Cc: gnucash-user at gnucash.org
   Subject: Re: how to download newest version
   > On Dec 19, 2016, at 8:42 AM, Maf. King <maf at chilwell.net> wrote:
   >
   > FWIW, my curiosity was piqued by this, so I had a look. Started by
   following
   > the link from the prominent blue box on the GC home page and
   Sourceforge was
   > most insistent that the tarball for 2.6.11 was the version it
   preferred me to
   > download...
   >
   > I could get to 2.6.15.tar.gz by going through the tree on the
   sourceforge
   > "versions" list...
   >
   > Something is clearly a bit off somewhere!
   What was off was the link in the "prominent blue box", there was a php
   error in the code for setting the source download link. I fixed that
   and it now points directly to gnucash-2.6.15.tar.bz2 as it should.
   I just tested the links in the release announcement, both on the
   website and the email, and found them to be correct and working.
   Regards,
   John Ralls