Importing Quicken 16 files.

Steve butterandsalt at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 20:25:26 EST 2016

I'm certainly not here to diminish your enthusiasm... many years ago (how
time passes), I opted to transfer over to GnuCash from Quicken (long have
forgotten what version).  After various tries at importing the data, and
finding I was spending too much time trying to "clean it up", etc., I
decided:

1. Not to try and transfer my entire history of Quicken, but rather focus on
the last year

2. Manually enter the last year of data into GnuCash, using the measure of a
six pack of beer for every month of data

Can't say it wasn't a lot of fun, but the beer made it bearable, and all the
data got entered exactly as it was in Quicken with no further clean-up.

...a classic, fyi and fwiw