S-Corp: How do I handle initial cash infusion that started the company?

bmenger bmenger at hpcsociety.org
Fri Dec 23 10:43:49 EST 2016

I cannot seem to remove an Imbalance that equals my initial cash deposit used
to start up the company.  I put $5000 into company checking and a few months
later took it back out.  My balance sheet continues to show a $5000
discrepancy.  After reading two books on small business accounting, I can't
figure this one out.  I am sure it is simple.  Here is my balance sheet:
<http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/n4688398/Capture.gif>
The marked out areas are all the same ( for instance, they could all be
"$10,")  There must be some place I am supposed to enter the transaction so
that my assets increase by $5000 or my liabilities decrease by $5000?
thanks for any help!