All Scheduled Transactions Disappear

aeneas receiver at gowdygroup.net
Fri Dec 23 22:52:50 EST 2016

John,

I've done some programming with MySQL databases which includes the use of
transactions (multiple SQL statements) that are subsequently either
"committed" or rolled back".  However, this refers to logic built into the
program.  I'm not familiar with the idea of rolling back a database
administratively.  Possibly you are referring to the idea of restoring a
full backup of the database and then finding the newest one without any of
the tables with "_back" suffixes (i.e., your reference to foo_back tables).
If you have something different in mind I'd be grateful for some
elaboration.

I should point out that most of the tables in the current DB have mates with
the "_back" suffix.  Based on your explanation that causes me to think that
the problem may not be confined to my scheduled transactions.  In that, is
the whole DB corrupted?

I haven't created my own backups.  This is something that I generally rely
on my hosting service to undertake.  I'll have to check with them regarding
restoration options but I doubt they're running MySQL backups.  Theirs would
likely have to be at the filesystem level.

I have noticed that as the DB has grown the bandwidth limitations on my
Internet service are suspected of severely slowing down response times.  I'd
be inclined to think that service interruptions are also quite possible
which seems, to me, like it might fit with your explanation.