All Scheduled Transactions Disappear

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Dec 23 11:03:09 EST 2016

> On Dec 23, 2016, at 7:38 AM, aeneas <receiver at gowdygroup.net> wrote:
>
> I decided to take a peek at the MySQL DB where my data is stored using
> phpMyAdmin.  This quickly revealed the presence of a table named
> "schedxactions" which is empty (i.e, contains no rows).  Then there is a
> table named "schedxactions_back" which appears to contain my scheduled
> transactions.  This suggests that it might be possible to recover those
> transactions using GnuCash.  Can anyone advise as to how this might work or
> for that matter the intended purpose of having these 2 tables that appear to
> be related?

When GnuCash needs to write the whole database it first renames all of the tables to foo_back, then writes the new tables, and finally drops the foo_back tables. Something interrupted that process, so your best bet would be to roll back the database to before it occurred. The "when" would be the earliest creation time for any of the foo_back tables.

Regards,
John Ralls