Job costing / job tracking

doncram doncram at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 11:45:36 EST 2016

Hi, happy holidays!  Job costing is one of a few highly needed features
that are missing from Gnucash in my opinion.  How may I contribute towards
this being added?

Job costing is accounting with the ability to record specific job numbers
for any item of expense or revenue, so that profits and loss statements by
job can be generated.

Job costing allows a consulting firm or a construction contractor or a
catering firm to see which projects for which customers have been
profitable.  Job costing enables a manufacturing firm to measure the costs
of producing a special order or a batch of similar product.  Job costing
allows a charitable non-profit to measure the success of its separate
fundraising events.

For Gnucash to support job costing, it must allow a job code to be attached
to any entry, and it must provide a standard profit & loss report divided
by job.

cheers
Don Cram