Vendor bill

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 00:16:20 EST 2016

@C.E. Sherrod,

You cannot delete a bill (or invoice).

Your option is to mark the bill as inactive and use it as a skeleton that you change the info on and use for your next bill entry. (for any vendor) I usually change the bill# to 'use next' so I can easily see if I have one hanging around I need to clean up.

In the future, you don't need to re-enter the bill using the 'new bill' dialog to correct anything.

Simply unpost the bill, make the changes, then re-post the bill. Doing so will dissociate the payment which will be treated now as a pre-payment to that vendor.

If the payment details are the same (you didn't issue a corrected payment, but simply corrected internal bill amounts, balancing to the same total to be paid) then go to the A/P register, select the payment entry, right click and choose "assign as payment." You can then specify to apply that payment to the corrected and re-posted bill.

You can also pay the bill as normal from the "pay bill" dialog and select the pre-payment and the bill together. (which will show a 'payment' amount of '0.00' since the two net out to zero) This will also assign that pre-payment to the bill.(be sure to match payment dates and number, et cetera to the original payment)

If the payment details are different, that is, if the new bill amount is different than the amount you paid, then you'll need to either issue a subsequent payment to the vendor for the difference, or re-issue a corrected payment in full. How you handle the payment entries for that will depend on your exact situation.

Hope that helps,
Adrien