Using GnuCash to track inventories and stages of completion?

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Tue Feb 2 20:55:23 EST 2016

Allan,

There are several open source web based ERP systems that you can either run
yourself or pay for a hosted system. Some also include integrated CRM. I
looked at a lot of them when I was managing our softball league, and I was
impressed with what they offered. They were overkill for my needs, and I
was already a long time user of Gnucash. Depending on the size of your
organization, you may be able to host one of these systems on a modest
server/deskside system running Linux, Apache, and Postgresql that sits
under your desk. Just keep the machine off your shop floor and have well
***tested*** backups.

Mark