Extra fields related to customers

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Wed Feb 3 02:59:43 EST 2016

On Wednesday 03 February 2016 07:39:59 Thomas Andrews wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am I correct in thinking that there is no way to add fields to
> customer data, other than the "Notes" field ?

Yes that is correct.

> In South Africa for example, one needs to have the customer's VAT
> (sales tax) number printed on the invoice for it to be acceptable for
> tax purposes. Similarly, my VAT number must be printed on all of my
> invoices.

That goes for Belgium as well. What I have done is to recycle one of the customer's
address fields for this, which works here, because I only need 3 for the address itself.

> There are other scenarios that would require extra fields, for example
> a customer's Medical aid name and number would be required by a
> dentist or doctor, etc.

Agreed. There has been some discussion about this a couple of months ago, but no actual
changes have been made so far.

Regards,

Geert