Transactions locked

Greg Skelhorn gskelhorn at eastlink.ca
Wed Feb 3 10:19:39 EST 2016

Jill, I'm a new user just taking a stab in the dark so please excuse me
if I'm being silly...

I wonder if the transactions were originally entered in an
accounts-receivable or accounts-payable type account? I ask because when
I was experimenting with Gnucash before beginning to understand the
business functions I seem to recall something similar. I entered
transactions in an A/R account and manually toggled the Type to "I".
This locked the transaction once it was entered and could not be edited.
Since I was just playing around to figure out the program I didn't look
into it any further.

Regards,

Greg