Old Files

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 09:37:02 EST 2016

On 7 February 2016 at 14:05, Richard Barmann <dick at stripingthetown.com> wrote:
> I have a 285 old files in my business gnucash directory. I have to search
> for the latest file  when I go into my Gnucash  program. I close and then
> quit when I leave. What can I delete and how can I set it to open the latest
> file when I go into the program.

When you open gnucash it should automatically re-open the last used
file.  Even if it doesn't then if you click on File hen you should see
recently used files down the bottom of the menu.

On the files, however, you mean the log and backup files (with the
long number timestamp string in the name)?  If so then if you go to
Edit > Preferences > General you can tell it how long to keep
log/backup files.  Then old ones will be automatically deleted.

If it is not the log and backup files then tell us the names of some
of them so we know what you are talking about.

Colin