Install Online Price Retrieval for GnuCash

Chris Good chris.good at ozemail.com.au
Mon Feb 8 21:55:54 EST 2016

> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2016 11:22:18 +0100
> From: Erik Colson <eco at ecocode.net>
> Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Install Online Price Retrieval for GnuCash
> 	PROBLEM
>
> Chris Good <chris.good at ozemail.com.au> writes:
>
> >    Here is the screen dump mising from my previous reply.
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> Tank you for the screen dump. We definitely need to remove that
> Date::Manip dependency :S On Activestate Perl you can install Date::Manip
> with following command:
>
>   ppm install Date::Manip
>
> But, if you have perl 5.22 it seems that won't succeed. Look at the module
> info page on http://code.activestate.com/ppm/Date-Manip/
>
> So anything between perl 5.10 to 5.20 should be working..
>
> best
> --
> erik colson

Thanks Erik.

Tony,

Unless you use ActivePerl for something else, I suggest you uninstall Active
Perl (Control Panel, Apps), then download and install the latest GnuCash
(2.6.11) from http://www.gnucash.org/ .
Then use, Start, All apps, GnuCash, Install Online Price Retrieval for
GnuCash to install Strawberry Perl which is the preferred perl for GnuCash
these days.

Regards,

Chris Good