Install Online Price Retrieval for GnuCash

Chris Good chris.good at ozemail.com.au
Mon Feb 8 23:54:41 EST 2016

From: Tony Lawson [mailto:lawson.aj at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 9 February 2016 3:08 PM
To: Chris Good <chris.good at ozemail.com.au>
Subject: Re: Install Online Price Retrieval for GnuCash

Hi Chris success at last!!

Thanks to you - simple really when you have the right recipe.

I guess I'm not as good as I once was at following instructions!

It you are ever in Wellington I'll buy you a beer.

Cheers

Tony

On 9 February 2016 at 15:55, Chris Good <chris.good at ozemail.com.au <mailto:chris.good at ozemail.com.au> > wrote:

> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2016 11:22:18 +0100
> From: Erik Colson <eco at ecocode.net <mailto:eco at ecocode.net> >
> Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Install Online Price Retrieval for GnuCash
>       PROBLEM
>
> Chris Good <chris.good at ozemail.com.au <mailto:chris.good at ozemail.com.au> > writes:
>
> >    Here is the screen dump mising from my previous reply.
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> Tank you for the screen dump. We definitely need to remove that
> Date::Manip dependency :S On Activestate Perl you can install Date::Manip
> with following command:
>
>   ppm install Date::Manip
>
> But, if you have perl 5.22 it seems that won't succeed. Look at the module
> info page on http://code.activestate.com/ppm/Date-Manip/
>
> So anything between perl 5.10 to 5.20 should be working..
>
> best
> --
> erik colson

Thanks Erik.

Tony,

Unless you use ActivePerl for something else, I suggest you uninstall Active
Perl (Control Panel, Apps), then download and install the latest GnuCash
(2.6.11) from http://www.gnucash.org/ .
Then use, Start, All apps, GnuCash, Install Online Price Retrieval for
GnuCash to install Strawberry Perl which is the preferred perl for GnuCash
these days.

Regards,

Chris Good

Hi Tony,

My pleasure. Happy GnuCash’ing.

I’m copying the GnuCash User mailing list so all know your issue is resolved.

Regards,

Chris Good