Recovered from a crash to find columns swapped and assets negative

Phil Hays phil_hays at ieee.org
Sun Feb 14 17:01:46 EST 2016

I've also just had a crash importing a .qif file.

I've used gnucash for years, and never had an issue like this.

Lots of transactions got weird. Prices of stocks became negative. And
so on.

What I did was to roll back to the save file right before the crash.
Look at the date stamp on the .qif that caused the crash, then at the
backup accounts files, and find one just older than the .qif.

The .qif file was from Fidelity, my 401k account.

Would someone please check if there is an open bug for this issue? I
can develop a test case if needed.

Phil Hays