Recovered from a crash to find columns swapped and assets negative

Rean Jacob reanjacob at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 14:42:14 EST 2016

Hello everyone,

Recently my GnuCash account crashed when trying to do .qif import.
Afterwards its recovered but then the debit and credit columns seems to be
swapped

Here’s how it is:

I have a Silicon Valley bank account and I had two people give transfer
cash as investors (*screenshot*)

http://d.pr/i/SNu2

[image: Inline image 1]

Earlier this cash was shown as credit and the corresponding entry in the
investor section as debit. But now it’s the other way round

http://d.pr/i/WorQ

[image: Inline image 2]

I think this has led to the overall assets being marked negative

http://d.pr/i/13M3a

[image: Inline image 3]

I tried repairing this accounts.

What could have gone wrong?