Employee credit note/vendor bill in split transaction

jmk jmk at cmail.nu
Tue Feb 16 12:12:15 EST 2016

Hi folks,

I'm wondering if this is possible or how to handle it.  Say I have a
transaction that is a business expense split between the owner and an
employee. I would like to use the business employee module in GC if
possible. So is it possible to enter this in a split via the register?
Something like:

Assets:Checking -$,1000
Expenses:Brokerage Fees: $500
Assets:A/R:Employee 1: $500

However, the above is just using regular asset accounts. How can I
integrate this as an employee credit note instead? It would be nice to
aggregate all of these splits and print an invoice at the end of the
month, but they are splits with other transactions that are outside of
that invoice.